Education has seen a massive shift in its style and pace in the 21st century. With the easily available internet, students worldwide have considered it as their personal tutors. With the emergence of the unexpected COVID-19 pandemic, schools shut down, classed were abruptly halted, and student life and education faced a major dilemma.
But in less than two months of worldwide lockdowns, schools and education were back on track, better and more efficient than ever, the only reason being the internet.
Moving Towards Online Education
The internet is a magic lamp filled with wonders. Knowledge about everything under the sun and above the sun is available on the internet. This is all thanks to various sites like https://fullncertsolutions.in/ that keeps updating articles and information about all there is to know about. Then organize them for us.
Other services like Google classroom has forwarded the cause of organized information, though differently, by making online classes easy to access. Online schools and classes have helped students in getting their education without disrupting the flow of classes. Students were able to access courses and attend classes from the safety of their own rooms.
Advantages of Study Online
1. Physical Advantages
- The internet offers a wide variety of areas to choose from for your education. The vast knowledge of the internet has helped millions of students worldwide finish their projects, help them get jobs, and form communities of like-minded people.
- Emerging online classrooms have made it easier for students who require multimedia and visual learning methods.
- The internet is also inclusive when it comes to students with learning disabilities. They will be able to take their take and understand the concepts slowly, at their own pace.
2. The Screen Can Replay
- The screen is better than the monotonous lectures in many aspects- the students can listen to the teachers while understanding the concepts visually, which benefits both the audio and visual learners.
- What makes the internet more accommodating when it comes to students and education is that the students can fix their own flexible schedules. The classes will be available 24×7 if they are recorded. This gives the students a wonderful opportunity to listen to the lectures when they are free.
- They will also be able to rewatch and relisten to classes if they are having difficulty grasping the concepts, which is difficult in a world without the internet.
- The internet helps students to clear queries instantly.
3. The Money Factor
- Education is not cheap. Students usually have to pay huge sums of money to graduate college, including the expenses of textbooks and accommodation.
- The internet is cheap. Students can get more information with less money through the internet. It reduces the hustle and hard work of earning money for the sole purpose of paying one’s student loans.
- Online education provides students with an opportunity to attend schools and universities away from their home country while staying in their own house reducing the cost of accommodation and food.
- There are thousands of sources on the internet that provide the students with the solutions to their questions, be it a simple grammar question for an elementary school student, or a difficult concept in astrophysics.
- Some companies have offered free courses for students so that they also have access to education
Online education websites have also come forward with innovative and morally sound ways to provide education to children whose schools are having difficulty in starting online classes.
More opportunities for students to take up a new hobby that provides knowledge have also extensively emerged during the pandemic. Many students are using their free time to learn a new skill like coding or designing which will broaden their horizon in the future.
Related Post: New Tech Considerations for Businesses Post-Covid
4. Bridging Gaps: For and Between Students and Teachers
- The internet also acts as a tool for both teachers and students to access things under one umbrella. Making copies of files, searching for textbooks extensively in libraries are all easy now because of the internet.
- Materials available on one side of the world might not be available; forming communities and bonds will help students share knowledge. They will also be able to experience new cultures and traditions through these communities.
- Students who are apprehensive about asking questions in traditional classrooms will have the freedom and opportunity to make their voices heard. People who are introverted and socially anxious will be able to be comfortable in their own spaces.
- The internet has also made an evaluation and assessment easier for the teachers as they don’t have to turn in pages and assignments. The quizzes and tests are easier to evaluate through the internet and many tools that act as teaching aids are now available on the internet.
- Online learning has also raised the question of the need for a new style of education rather than the traditional reading-the-textbook and assessing knowledge style. Researchers are looking into alternative vocational and effective education methods for students.
Drawback & Solutions?
The only drawback of internet education is that many students from the unprivileged sections of society don’t have access to the internet. This can be covered by setting up community internet classes and courses that the students in the same circle will attend together.
Even after the pandemic simmering down, education through the internet will be a major option for education as it has opened a whole new world of innovative scopes and opportunities for students.
Traditional learning will take the back seat in many cases to make way for online learning as more and more students are comfortable with education through the internet.Follow Us On: