How to Add Account to Outlook: With Outlook, you can manage all your email accounts under one single window. Outlook enables users to work efficiently with task management, schedule meetings, and also events. With Microsoft Office integration in Outlook, users can share attachments directly from One Drive or access contacts and LinkedIn profiles.
Users can stay organized by making plans and coordinate schedules by sharing calendars with co-workers. Outlook is a very useful tool with features such as intelligent reminders, information search, enterprise graded security, planning and organizing, and MS Office integration.
How to Add Account to Outlook
1. How to Add Primary Account to Outlook (Hotmail, Outlook)
In Outlook, users can manage multiple email accounts. The primary account is the first account used for the initial set up on Outlook. It is the default account to manage settings on Outlook. To add your primary account, follow these steps –
- Open Outlook > Select File and then Add Account. If you are using Outlook for the first time, it will display a welcome screen.
- Enter your Email address and click “Connect”. In case, it displays a different screen, the user has to add a name, email address, and password. Then, click “Next”. You can anytime change your profile name or photo.
- Enter your Password and select Ok.
- Click Finish.
Along with the primary account, you can also add other email accounts to Outlook as well. Outlook can be used to read and send messages with secondary email accounts without leaving Outlook.com. Every other email account you add to Outlook is known as a connected account.
2. Connect more Accounts to Outlook (Hotmail, Outlook)
Apart from the primary account, users can add multiple email accounts on Outlook. Other email accounts added on Outlook are known as an alias. These are additional email accounts that use the same contact list, inbox, and account settings. Outlook enables users to use additional email accounts connected with a single account. It saves the user’s time and effort to log in from different email addresses to check and send emails. With Outlook, you can manage your all email accounts from one platform.
3. How to add Gmail Account to Outlook
- Open Outlook app > Settings > View all Outlook settings > Sync Email.
- Under the option of Connected accounts, click Gmail.
- As you connect your Gmail account, enter a display name for your Gmail account. The recipients will see this name when they would receive messages from you. Log in with your username and password and click
- Select the Gmail account you wish to use. If you have two-step verification on your Gmail account, you need to first create an app password or turn off 2 steps verification. Go your Gmail account and set an app password and then return to the Outlook app. Enter the app password to connect the Gmail account to Outlook.
- Click Allow.
When users log in to the Gmail account on Outlook, it is important to understand how it works. If you send an email from the Gmail account using Outlook, you will not see that email in your Gmail sent list. Similarly, if you delete an email in the Gmail account using Outlook, changes will not reflect in the Gmail box. This logic applies to all the multiple accounts synced to Outlook.
4. How to Add Other Email Accounts to Outlook
Apart from Gmail, users can also add Yahoo, AOL, Hotmail, and other email accounts to Outlook. Learn the steps to connect other email accounts to Outlook.com.
- Open Outlook app. Select Settings > View all outlook settings.
- Under the category of Connected accounts, select Other email accounts.
- As you connect your account, create a display name that will be seen by your recipients when you send an email from the connected account. Add the correct email address and password of the account you wish to connect to Outlook.
Note: Many users add two-step verification on their email accounts for complete security. Two-step verification means a password and verification pin that you receive on your phone. In this case, you have to first create an app password to connect the email account to Outlook.
After creating an app password from your email account’s security page, connect your email account to Outlook using the app password.
- Click Connect and then Ok. After adding your primary and other email accounts to Outlook, you can send emails from any of the connected accounts.
Steps to Send an email from Connected Accounts
- Open Outlook > Compose
- Select From and choose an account to send an email. Compile and send the email as usual.
Follow Us On: