How to rotate a video in windows media player: A majority of us use Windows Media Player to play any wonderful video we shoot on our iPhone, camcorder or Android smartphones. It is only then that we find out that our video is shot in the wrong orientation. Imagine if you’ve shot a video of the beautiful mountain that you visited in portrait mode instead of landscape mode. Fret not, as we can always rectify this by rotating the video on Windows Media Player. The following article will guide on different methods as to how to rotate video in Windows Media Player running on Windows 10, Windows 8 and Window 7.
Ways to Rotate a Video in Windows Media Player
1. Using Windows Movie Maker
- Download the Windows Movie Maker
If you are using Windows 10, Windows 8 and Window 7, then you must download and install the Windows Movie Maker software. This application is available on the official page of Microsoft. It can then be used to rotate any video on your Windows media player. You can download it here.
In case you are still using Windows Vista or any earlier OS, then by default, this program would be already installed in your system. All you have to do is to click the “Start” button and select the Windows Movie Maker from the program list.
- Add Video
Once you open the program, you will have to select the “Add videos and Photos” option available under the “Home toolbar”. Through this step, you can add the required video in the program.
- Rotate Video in 90 Degrees and Save it
Use the rotate buttons under Editing toolbar in order to rotate the video to the right or left side by 90 degrees. Once you have successfully adjusted the video to the required right angle, select the “Save Movie” option in order to save the required video in any suitable format.
2. Using Video Editor App
- In case you are using Windows 10 as your OS then just type “video editor” in the Windows search bar and open the Video Editor app.
- You can either choose the “New Video” option available on the top right corner of the screen or opt for the “New Video project” available on the top left corner of the screen.
- On the selected blank new project, you can either drag the required video you want to rotate, or simply select the “+Add” button and select “From this PC” option to navigate to the video file that you want to rotate.
- All you have to do is to drag the required video from the project library right into the timeline available at the bottom. This will offer you a preview window of the video you want to edit.
- Press Ctrl+R to rotate the video clockwise by 90 degrees. You can also do so by selecting the rotate button available in the application window.
- You can now select the “Finish Video” option available on the top right corner of the application. In addition, you can also select the quality setting such as “high” to “low” and save the file in the required folder.
3. Rotate the Video Using other Media Players Such as VLC
The VLC player is easily available online and can be used to rotate any videos on Windows.
- You can download VLC player by visiting https://windowsclassroom.com/vlc-media-player-download/ and selecting the download option. This will also scan your OS and offer you the correct version of the required software. Once you accept the cookies, the installer program will begin downloading the application.
- In this step, you have to just follow the on-screen instructions to install the VLC player.
- Once you open the VLC player, you have to drag the required video on to the application or select the video through the “Media” option available under the toolbar.
- Once the video is selected, you will have to select the “Tools” option from the toolbar and select the “Effects and Filters” available under the drop-down menu. You can do the same by using the default option “Ctrl+E”.
- Completing the previous step will result in a windows tab popping up. From this, you will have to select the “Video Effects tab” and under this tab, you will have to select the “Geometry” tab.
- You will have to now click the checkbox in order to rotate the video through complete 360 degrees. You can continue dragging the wheel until you obtain the required angle. Save the file before you close the program.