How to Delete Gmail Account: You may want to delete Gmail account for some reason like you may be switching to a different email provider or may that it is your alternate Gmail account that is no longer in use. You just don’t want to manage two different accounts and thus you want to delete one of your Gmail accounts. Sometimes the reason could be quite simple like you do not like the username that you created your Gmail account with.
Delete Gmail Account
Remember, deleting Gmail account is a process wherein once you choose to delete your account you will not get the option to recover it in any case in case you change your mind. Also, you will not be able to create a new email account in Gmail using the same email id. The best thing is no one else will be able to use it. Similarly, deleting your Gmail account also means that all your messages inside your email id will be permanently deleted. So, make sure you have any important information inside your email, back it up in advance before you plan to delete your account.
Know how to delete Gmail account
- Head to – Google Account Settings
- Choose – Delete your account or services found under – Account preferences
- Click – Delete Products
- Select the particular Gmail account you wish to delete
- Enter the password used for that account
- Click- Next
- Click the icon of trashcan located besides Gmail
- Type in the email address which is different from email address in Gmail account you chose to delete under the section- Enter an email address in the dialog box – “How you’ll sign in to Google”
- Click- Send verification Email
- Open email via Google having the subject- “ Security alert for your linked Google account” or “Gmail Deletion Confirmation”
- In the message you get simply follow – Deletion link
- When prompted sign in to the Gmail account you wish to remove
- Underneath the section Confirm Gmail Deletion choose – “Yes I want to delete email@example.com permanently from my Google account”
- Click- Delete Gmail
- Click – Done
What will happen to emails present in Gmail account you deleted
Certainly, the email messages will be permanently deleted and you won’t be able to access your emails in Gmail.
Related post: How to recover Gmail account
What will happen if someone sends email to your deleted Gmail account
If people try sending email to the Gmail account you deleted, they will automatically get a message of delivery failure in reply to their email.
There are times when you encounter situations wherein it becomes necessary to delete Gmail account. Make sure you do not lose your important information and backing it up should be your first priority before you decide to delete gmail account. Also, you should take a backup of important email ids on your account so that you can mail them your new id once created. This will help you switch to a different account without any difficulties.Follow Us On: