Sync Gmail with Outlook and Outlook to Gmail: The benefit of setting up Gmail IMAP enables you to delete or read a particular mail. It is actually syncs with web version of Outlook as well as Gmail.
Sync Gmail with Outlook
- Firstly, sign in to your Gmail account and head to – Settings panel.
- Click the tab – Forwarding and POP/IMAP and check if IMAP is currently enabled and then save the changes.
- Now, open – Outlook 2010
- Click tab– File to go to Backstage view
- Click – Account Settings and then – Add and remove accounts or – change existing connection settings
- In the windows – Account Settings click on- New button
- Type in your name, Gmail address and then password and hit – Next
- Now, Outlook will automatically configure the settings of email server.
- If the entire process runs smoothly the configuration process will be completely successful and you can start using your account.
Sync Outlook to Gmail
In order to synch outlook to Gmail you need to enable IMAP for Gmail.
- Log in to your Gmail account
- Click on gear icon located to the top right corner
- Click- Settings
- Click the link – “Forwarding and POP/IMAP”
- Click the radio button – “Enable IMAP”
- Click – Save changes
Configure your Outlook
- Install –Outlook which will show you Microsoft Outlook on your screen
- Click – Next
- Click – Yes and select – Next
- Type in your name, correct Gmail id with password in relevant fields
- Check the check box labelled as – “Manually configure server settings or additional server types”
- Click – Next
- Select – Internet Email
- From the drop down menu of Account type found underneath server information choose – IMAP
- Enter – “imap.gmail.com” (do not include quotation marks) in the field – incoming mail server
- In the field Outgoing mail server (SMTP) type – “ smtp.gmail.com”
- Enter complete Gmail id in the field – User name located under- Login information
- In password field – type the password for your account
- Check the box “ Remember password” in case you don’t wish to type in your password for further operations.
- To complete the wizard click – Next
- In Outlook menu click – Tools and choose – Options
- Click – Mail Setup
- Click button that says – E-mail Accounts
- Select account and click – Change
- Click – More settings
- Click – Advanced tab
- In the box – Incoming Server (IMAP) Type – “993” and choose – SSL from the drop down menu of – Use the following type of encrypted connection
- In the box – Outgoing Server (SMTP) Type – “587” and choose – TLS from the drop down menu of – Use the following type of encrypted connection
- Click the tab- Outgoing server
- Check the following check box- “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” and then click on the following radio button- “Use same settings as my incoming mail server”
- Click OK
- Click – Next/Finish/Close/OK
The methods mentioned above can help you sync Gmail with outlook and outlook with Gmail easily.Follow Us On: