How to disable pop up blocker on chrome: Well, Google chrome is an excellent browser and many users are quite happy using this browser. It certainly gives a great browsing experience with its amazing features. When it comes to pop-ups Google Chrome actually prevents pop-ups from appearing automatically and causing disturbance on your screen. When the browser starts blocking the pop-ups for a particular site you can see an icon that displayed in address bar. You need to click that icon to view the pop-ups that are blocked or to control the settings for pop-ups for a specific site.
View pop-ups for a particular site to view blocked pop-ups for a specific site, just follow the simple steps mentioned below
- If pop-ups are blocked, you can find the icon displayed in address bar. Click on that icon to view the list of blocked pop-ups.
- Click on the link for a pop-up window you wish to see.
- In order to view pop-ups for a specific site always, choose-‘Always show pop-ups from [website]”. The site will automatically be added to the list of exceptions which can be easily managed via Content Settings dialog
To manually enable pop-ups from a website, check the steps below
- Click on – Chrome menu located on browser toolbar
- Select- Settings
- Click on – Show advanced settings
- In the area ‘Privacy ‘ click the button – Content Settings
- In “Pop-ups” click on – Manage exceptions
Enable all the pop-ups
You can enable/allow all pop-ups by turning off the pop up blocker. Here is how you can do it.
- Click on – Chrome menu
- Choose – Settings
- Click – Show Advanced settings
- Under the option – ‘Privacy ‘ click the button – Content Settings
- Under the option – “Pop-ups” click on – “Allow” all sites to show pop-ups”. Customize permission for particular sites by selecting – Manage exceptions
Block pop-ups from a website
- Open Chrome on your PC
- To the top right you can see 3 vertical dots
- Click- Settings
- Right at the bottom you will find – Advanced. Just click on it
- Underneath this section – “Privacy and security click- Content Settings
- Click on – Pop-ups and redirects
- Look for the site under the option- “Allow”
- To right hand side of the website click More > Block
In case the site is not listed besides “Block” click on – Add. Enter the address of the website and then click on – Add.
The above steps would help you block/allow the pop-ups for site or all sites that you browse. It will help you avoid the mess on your screen that you get due to cluttering of pop-ups while you are browsing. Sometimes these pop-ups disturb your browsing experience and do not let you continue browsing a site further.
When you block them for a site or for all sites you can enjoy browsing the site without any botheration. Also, if you still get the unwanted pop-ups you need to try other running the tool chrome cleanup to get rid of them.Follow Us On: