How to speed up windows 10 laptop: Windows 10 is certainly the most efficient operating system offered by Microsoft. It comes with a series of system resources and features.
Sometimes you discover that the performance of your PC becomes little slow and there can be different reasons like hardware problem, temporary files, bloatware etc.,
This article will describe different ways to try out to speed up your Windows 10 and optimize windows 10 performance.
Check all startup apps
Your computer can slow down due to a number of running tasks. You can check the start up programs by
- Open- Task Manager
- Click the tab- Start Up
- Watch start up impact values closely to view each program for example – “High”. It helps you know which spot apps are making your system speed slow.
- You can prevent a program before it launches upon logging in. Right click it and simply- Disable
Special effects should be disabled
You need to get your laptop back to the basic settings while using Windows 10. Below listed are steps
- Open – Windows menu
- Look for – System
- Go to – Advanced settings
- Select- Performance settings
- Underneath the tab – Visual effects just click – Custom (a radio button)
- Now you can simply uncheck the boxes that can be seen besides visual effects. Once you make the changes click- Apply.
Run – System Maintenance
Windows comes with built-in feature that carries out tasks related to routine maintenance like scanning to check updates, identifying malware, defragmenting hard drive etc.,
- Open-Control Panel
- Select- System and Security
- Choose – Security and Maintenance
- Before you continue save the open files.
You can enhance the speed of your Windows 10 by expanding the RAM. Normally, to operate smoothly Windows 10 needs minimum 4GB of RAM.
So, the best you can do is to add more RAM. Your computer will be a fixed number of RAM slots that allow you to insert chips. To know the memory type your machine utilizes just follow the steps
- Open- Task Manager
- Click – Performance
- It will show you the memory slots that are in use and what they are used for
- You can install new RAM chips on your own.
Disk cleanup which is a built-in feature in Windows 10 allow you to erase the temporary files that may be stored on your system.
You can access Disk cleanup by clicking on Windows menu and typing disk cleanup in search bar. You will be able to view the list of files to be deleted. You can just check the boxes against the files and then hit – ‘Clean up system files’ to start the process.
Delete unnecessary software
There are much software present on your PC offered by PC vendors and those are not necessary also termed as bloatware. You can just uninstall that software.
- Just head to Control Panel
- Programs and Features
- Uninstall a program you.
Above mentioned methods will definitely speed up your laptop.Follow Us On: