How to reset Macbook pro: You may have bought your MacBook Pro a few years ago. However, you have now thought of selling it to some other person. One of the major steps for reselling the Mac device is to reset macbook pro to its factory settings. There are several other reasons behind resetting the system. For instance, your MacBook Pro has become slower for your consistent use. While you think of erasing the hard drive contents, you can choose the resetting option. You may reset the battery settings and NVRAM. This resetting process would also help you in solving errors. Let us now guide you on how to reset your MacBook Pro to factory settings.
The preventive measures that you have to take to reset MacBook pro
You have to go through a few steps before proceeding to the process to reset Macbook Pro device to the factory setting. For any Mac device, including MacBook pro and Mac Mini, apply these tips-
- Protect the valuable data- You may use any third-party software application for data protection. It helps you to recover the data and files and get protection from the data loss effects.
- Deauthorize your iTunes and some other apps, having limited or restricted licensing. There is an authorization system in iTunes for limiting the number of connected devices. You will be able to prevent any problem in the future due to the deauthorization of iTunes on Mac.
Go to the option- Account from your iTunes and then deauthorize iTunes account by choosing the right option from the menu. However, you must also deauthorize other applications, including Adobe products, like Photoshop and Acrobat.
You have to check out that you have enabled your Internet. Your Apple’s server stores most of the data. For instance, it has the files needed for reinstalling Mac OS X. To go through the process, your Internet connection has to be active. While you are not online, your Mac system would be in the unusable state temporarily.
Choose Recovery Mode- Restart the system
You have thought of erasing the startup disk. The most important thing to you is to deal with a recovery partition. Now, for doing it, the first thing you need to do is startup from the recovery partition. To do this, click on the Restart option. While the Mac device has turned off its system and then returns to its power, you can hold the keys- Command + R. You have to do it until seeing the logo of Apple. Then, go to another step after releasing the keys.
Mac Hard Drive- Remove the data from it and reset Macbook pro
Make sure that your Recovery Mode is still activated. You may not be able to view the common login screen on your MacBook. However, you will see the window- macOS Utilities. Now, you can go through the following steps-
- While you have opened the window for macOS Utilities, you need to click on the option Disk Utility
- Then, you can choose the tab- Continue
- Find thestartup disk
- Click on the option- Erase
- Choose the format- Mac OS Extended
- Again, hit the option- Erase
- You need to wait until you have finished the process. After accomplishing this step, you can choose the menu, Disk Utility, and then leave it.
Related Post: How to format external hard drive in Mac
Reinstallation of your macOS- It is an optional step for you
After removing the data from the hard drive and, you may install the macOS. However, you have to check out the activation of recovery mode. In the present window, you can find the option- macOS.
You may avoid the reinstallation step for macOS. When you have thought of selling the Mac computer to others, you can leave it after resetting the device. The new user will do it for his own convenience.
After resetting the present system to the original setting or factory setting, you can prepare your Mac fully for selling it to another user. Some of us think of only removing the data from Mac before selling it. However, that would cause the risk of theft. Thus, you have to take a step that is better than the removal of personal information. We have presented you with the factor setting process for Mac users. You may rely on it and sell your device safely to any person.Follow Us On: