System file checker ( sfc scannow ): System files are quite important for all operating systems. In case the system files get corrupted, deleted or missing then the OS will stop working smoothly.
The system files contribute to the smooth functioning of your Operating System. System files help your system perform the process of shut down and boot
These files are actually embedded in OS to safeguard them from any sudden deletion or damage. In this article you will learn how SFC tool actually scans the system and repairs the damaged or missing system files
Reasons for System File Corruption
- Attack of malicious software and alter the system files
- Bad sectors and power failure
- Unwanted viruses, spyware or software damage the files
To repair the corrupted files, you can utilize – System File Checker (SFC) tool. You can easily repair the corrupt or missing system files with the help of System File Checker tool. This tool is a built in feature that aid repairing of system files.
System File Checker windows 10
SCF scannow windows 10 helps you scan & restore the corrupted System files. You will find this tool on Windows Operating Systems. It is basically a command line feature that helps scan and check all your System files and if it finds any damaged files it repairs and restores them.
How does system file checker (SFC) works?
Sometimes you face issues with system not able to boot properly or doesn’t boot at all properly and flashes the error messages for example – system files are missing post boot.
The causes for boot failure can be system files of your Operating System found corrupted due to hardware failure, power failure etc. In such cases you can utilize command line feature – SFC.exe.
System File Checker ( sfc scannow )- How to use it
- You have to run command prompt as an administrator. To do this you need to open -Start Menu, in search box type – cmd, by clicking on cmd and then select – “Run as administrator”.
- The system will display command window, there you need to type – sfc/scannow command and hit -“Enter”. It will start scanning your system and you can see the scan progress on the command window itself.
- Once the scan is completed you can see the corrupted along with the reason for its damage.
- Post scanning the system will display messages.
1. “Windows Resource Protection didn’t trace any integrity violations.”
You will see this message when there are no system files. This message will show up when there are no corrupted or damaged system files are found.
2. “Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation”
Here, you are supposed to perform SFC scan in safe mode.
You can exit command prompt once 100% scanning gets over.
The results of scan will be displayed post the process is over. In case you shut down the window during the process is going on, it will stop the entire scanning process.
SFC tool helps you scan the entire system to identify the corrupted system files easily.Follow Us On: