How to fix ERR_CONNECTION_RESET in windows 10: If you want to browse a website and get the error – “ERR_CONNECTION_RESET” means the connected is not being established correctly.
The result is that connection is reset
The error is also is accompanied with 101 code, is actually common in Chrome but this message actually doesn’t imply whether the issue has occurred due to the network, server or the client.
Firstly, before you start trying different methods to solve the error here is what you should do: To check for ERR_CONNECTION_RESET in your Chrome, scanning helps make sure that the system is free of virus or malware.
2. Reset your Chrome Settings to Default
In order to setting Chrome to the settings installed by default
- Click the menu icon of Chrome located on upper right corner and select – Settings
- On the page – Settings, scroll down and then click to reach – Show Advanced Settings
- At the bottom of the page, click on – Restore settings to their original defaults
- Lastly, click on – Reset settings
- Restart- Chrome
3. Restart – Winsock protocol
- Open – Command Prompt as administrator for which you need to type cmd or command prompt in search box
- Right click the result displayed- Command Prompt and Run as Administrator
- In – Command Prompt you need to type the command given below and then hit- enter
netsh winsock reset catalog
Restart the PC
4. Modify – DNS Settings
Use the public DNS server of Google to fix the error “ERR CONNECTION RESET” in chrome
In order to modify DNS settings
- Right click – Network icon (active one) in Taskbar and then click – Network Sharing center
- Select – Active Network card and click – Change Adapter options
- Right click on Active network adapter and choose – Properties
- Choose – ‘Internet Protocol Version 4(TCP/IPv4) and then click – Properties
- Check the radio button that says –“Use the following DNS server addresses”
- Type the DNS server address given below and click – OK
- Restart PC
5. Connect to the Internet via VPN
In case your ISP(Internet service provider) has blocked your access to a site or sites you are using, then try to connect to the sites using a paid/free VPN or use Opera browser that has an in-built VPN feature.
Remember connecting the internet with the help of VPN service lets you hide the actual IP address on the device to seem you are actually online from a different country.
In order to activate VPN feature in your Opera browser
- Open the menu for Opera and select- Settings
- On the left click – Advanced and click – Features
- Slide the ENABLE VPN button to turn in ON
- Restart- Opera
In order to activate VPN in chrome browser
- Download the VPN extension in chrome. I strongly suggest Zenmate chrome plugin.
- Buy the proxies from proxy provider and upload the proxy list into extension
- Now select one of them and enable the extension
You can also get in touch with your internet provider in case the above methods aren’t beneficial for you. You can check with them if they have blocked the sites you are trying to access. Ask them to give you access to those sites.Follow Us On: