How to setup Chromecast: While Miracast can be used to display computer screen on your TV, you will be surprised to know that you can easily cast it to watch movies and videos on your PC to TV using you Chromecast. This article will show the steps used to establish Chromecast on your Windows 10 Computer.
Requirements to Setup Chromecast
To set up Chromecast on Windows 10 PC you need the following:
- Google Chromecast Device
- Windows 10 PC or TV
- Google Chrome Browser downloaded on your PC
Once you have all the requirements fulfilled, you can follow the steps given below to set up chromecast. Firstly, plug Chromecast device to Home Television and next you need to setup Chromecast on Windows 10 Computer.
How to setup chromecast
Chromecast setup TV
- Plug in -HDMI end of the device- Google Chromecast into HDMI port of Home Television and then plug USB end to USB power adapter.
- Now, use your television’s remote control to modify the Source input of the television to right HDMI port wherein you plugged the Chromecast device.
- On a lot of remote controls you need to press the button “Input” or “Source” and keep pressing -“Input” or “Source” button till your TV shows the switch from – “HDMI 1” to “HDMI 2.”
You might also like: How to Reset Chrome
Chromecast setup Laptop
- Go to – https://google.com/chrome in order to download & Install – Google Chrome browser on PC, if you do not have Chrome browser
- Open – Chrome browser on PC and go to – https://www.google.com/chromecast/setup/
- On the screen for Chrome setup, click – Set up your Chromecast with help of this Computer
- On the next screen you observe, you will be prompted to agree the privacy terms of Chromecast by clicking the button- Accept
- After you accept the Chromecast terms, the webpage starts looking out for the Chromecast devices available and connected to the Wi-Fi connection
- The next screen show the button- Set me up, just click on it
- Now click the icon for Wi-Fi which will be positioned in right corner of taskbar on your PC and then click – Chromecast’s open Wi-Fi connection
- Once connected to Chromecast, open – WiFi network and click the button- Next
- You need to click the arrow- Yes on your next screen only if the code shown on the screen of Windows PC is same as the code given on the your TV screen
- The next screen will ask you to type in a name for the chromecast. You can type the name of your choice and then click on – Looks good
- Now, you will be prompted to confirm – WiFi settings. Choose –Wi-Fi network, key in the password used for your WI-Fi and click – Connect
- You are now all set to cast the screen