Fix Outlook error 0x800ccc0f: Sudden Outlook errors lead to frustration for users. The error actually isn’t easy to understand. Outlook actually is associated with complex problems that can stop you from performing even basic tasks. The article will help you try out the solution that can resolve the error 0x800ccc0f in Outlook.
6 Ways to Fix Outlook Error 0x800ccc0f
1. Check connectivity problems to fix error 0x800ccc0f
Start by checking the connection of your device with exchange server. To do this, check access gateway and internet connection with Exchange server. Ensure that the configuration as well as the settings is accurate.
2. Fix error 0x800ccc0f by Disabling Antivirus as well as Windows firewall
Sometimes, not just Windows Firewall but also the antivirus program installed on your PC can affect the normal functioning for incoming/outgoing calls.
In order to check for this problem, disable the antivirus. You need to disable your Windows Firewall too, for which follow the steps as given below:
- Open – Control Panel and move to – Network Connections
- Right click –internet connection in use and choose – ‘Properties’ from pop-up menu
- Underneath the tab- ‘Security’, you need to turn OFF Firewall
Make sure that all the pathways are cleared that were halting the incoming and outgoing emails and now add server name manually for-
Outgoing SMTP to Outlook Email Accounts
To perform this-
- Open – Outlook, select –Tools—E-mail Accounts
- Choose – “View or change existing e-mail accounts’ and now click – Next.
- You will now see the e-mail accounts dialog box displayed. There, click – Add—POP3 and then —Next.
- Feed in the right information for POP3 mail server you are using and then click – Next and then – Finish
- Check & then modify settings for your Outlook account
3. Check Outlook profile settings to Fix outlook error 0x800ccc0f
Check default profile settings of Outlook account. In case they are not correct, just correct the settings. In case you have no idea where the details are wrong, just delete the existing default profile and make a new account. Now set the newly made Outlook profile as your default profile.
4. Delete suspicious emails from your Outlook & Outlook Outbox
Even suspicious emails or some emails having attachments coming from irrelevant sources can lead to this error. In case you think the inbox in your Outlook has such emails then remove them as soon as possible. Another reason for the error could also be having tons of emails in your Outlook outbox, so just delete the unwanted emails from the outbox
5. Check the MTU of router to Fix error code 0x800ccc0f
MTU (Maximum Transmission Unit) size of the router may also contribute to this error while you receive or send specific emails. Just check for such emails and modify the size of outgoing message.
6. MS Outlook- Start in Safe mode
Outlook Safe mode releases the application along with some common settings with no add-ins. In case the error is caused due to a problematic add-in then this method will help you solve the issue. This is how you can start your Outlook in Safe mode-
- Open – Run or in run dialog box feed in – outlook.exe /safe
- Click – OK
Now try to send or receive emails.
Follow Us On: