How to repair windows 10 using command prompt: Windows 10 is the choice of millions of users worldwide. It is the most user-friendly operating systems developed by Microsoft that is packed with a plenty of advanced features. Just like any other OS, you may encounter issues with Windows 10 too due to malware attack, stops responding etc. In order to fix the issues you may need to repair Windows 10. Luckily, there are a number of methods that can be adopted to repair your Windows 10. This article is going to focus on how to repair Windows 10 with the help of command prompt as it is known to be the most effective technique to troubleshoot the issue. Let us find out how to go about it.
In process of learning how to repair Windows 10 using command prompt you have to restart the system in basically safe mode. This is done to ensure your system will not encounter any issues and all the tasks will be carried out properly. This technique can also be used if you are not able to boot your system normally. Here are some steps that will let you carry out the process effectively.
- To begin with head to the – Advanced start up options. You can get this option by pressing F11 key when the system is starting.
- Now head to the tab Troubleshoot through the menu.
- It will show up more options. To continue just click- Advanced options.
- Next, you can see a series of advanced options which are related to your computer. From the list displayed choose- Startup Settings.
- On the screen you get you will see a lot of options that are related to the system booting. For example, safe mode, boot logging etc., Just select the respective key that is displayed for the option – Enable Safe mode with Networking
- The system will restart in safe mode now. You need to be patient and wait for some time as your system will be restarting in Safe mode.
- Once the system starts, just type these two keys at the same time – Windows and X. It will show you different options again. From the list Select – Command Prompt (admin)
- After the command prompt starts you can simply type the following command – “DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth” and hit – Enter
- Wait for a few minutes as your Windows 10 will take some time to carry out steps required for repair.
- Once the task is completed, just restart your system in just normal mode. In case everything takes place properly you will not face any problems with Windows 10 as the issues will be fixed.
Related post: How to enter bios windows 10
The above given steps will help you repair Windows 10 using command prompt but the only thing that you will not be able to access is the important data because of the improper functioning of the system that occurred.
So, you just need to follow the above steps carefully and be patient in between the steps to carry out the repair properly.